Project Training | Live Online | Virtual Classroom
Private in-house training - all delegates on the course are from the same company
Established in 2005, Blue Pecan provides live online Microsoft Project training courses in a virtual classroom. The training can be delivered as private in-house courses or we have a range of scheduled courses open to the public.
Live Online Courses - Microsoft Project courses can be delivered online with a live tutor via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Webex video conferencing software.
Closed, Private MS Project Training for Businesses
If you are a business enquiring about private, tailored Microsoft Project training for your staff, please see our MS Project remote training information page which will explain all you need to know about our virtual MS Project classroom.
We offer online Microsoft Project training to businesses and individuals across Somerset including Bath, Weston-super-Mare, Taunton, Yeovil, Bridgwater, Frome, Portishead, Burnham-on-Sea, Clevedon, Nailsea, Keynsham, Chard, Street, Midsomer Norton, Minehead, Wellington, Wells, Shepton Mallet, Radstock, Glastonbury, Crewkerne, Yatton, Peasedown St John, Ilminster, Wincanton, Paulton, Long Ashton & Cheddar.
Our Microsoft Project training course is compatible with Project 2016, 2013, 2010, & 2007.
On-Site and Online Training Prices
These prices are for in-house private training courses, scheduled for businesses or individuals. Training can be provided onsite at your workplace or online via Zoom or MS Teams.
Half-day session: 09:30 to 12:30 or 13:00 to 16:00 or to suit. Full-day session: 09:30 to 16:00 or to suit
|No. of delegates||On-site full day||Online half-day*||Online full day
|1 - 3||£495||£310||£465
*Two half-days are priced as one full day.
All prices are excluding VAT.
On-site training travel expenses included for Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Kent, Oxfordshire, London and most Essex, Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset and Hertfordshire locations. Please enquire.
Project Course Outline
Our one day Microsoft Project training course gives you a great overview of this popular project management software. The course aims to give delegates the knowledge needed to set and and link tasks; assign resources to tasks; set baselines and track progress and then create useful reports and outputs based on the values that have been gathered. Download our Microsoft Project outline in pdf format here.
Customising the Project Interface
- Customising the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customising the Ribbon
- Exporting/importing your customisations
Configuring Your Project
- Setting the project start date
- Setting up working times for the project
- Adding bank holidays and other shut-down periods
- Saving customisations to the global template
- Auto scheduling vs Manual scheduling tasks
- Task durations
- Setting the default unit for durations
- Deleting tasks
- Inserting tasks
- Moving tasks
- Creating milestone tasks
- Creating links using the predecessors column
- Creating links using the Task Information dialogue box
- Creating links using the “link tasks” button
- Dragging and dropping links in the Gantt chart
- Relationship types
- Finish to start relationships
- Start to start relationships
- Finish to finish relationships
- Start to finish relationships
- Applying lag and lead to task relationships
- Task Path Highlighter
- Constraint types
- Understanding the Planning Wizard in relation to constraints
- Indenting tasks to create subtasks
- Collapsing and Expanding Summary Tasks
- Outline numbering
- Work Breakdown Structure
- The Project Summary Task
The Critical Path
- Formatting your Gantt chart to show the critical path
- Understanding the critical path
- Using the “Go to” dialogue box
- Scroll to task
- Zoom options
- Formatting the Gantt chart timescale
- Resource types
- Work resources
- Material resources
- Cost resources
- Understanding the resource sheet columns – material, max units, rate, accrue at, base calendar
- Editing resource calendars – adding holidays, customising work times
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the “Work” value
- Levelling resources
- Budget resources
Setting a baseline
- How to set a baseline
- Viewing the baseline in the Tracking Gantt
- Viewing baseline values in tables
Tracking Progress on Your Project
- Marking a task as on track
- Moving incomplete parts of a task to a new date
- Updating task start and finish dates as well as percentage complete
- Setting a Status Date
- Tracking progress in the Resource Usage view
More on Project
- Hyperlinking to supporting documents
- Using text styles format your task list
- Formatting the Gantt chart with bar styles
- Formatting Gantt chart gridlines
- Sorting the task list
- Filtering data in different Project view
- Grouping data
- Creating reports
- Printing the Gantt chart
- Sharing resources across multiple projects
- Combing multiple projects into one Gantt chart
Does Blue Pecan Computer Training Ltd offer instructor-led, online training In Somerset?
Yes we do offer online courses. Courses are live and instructor-led. We use video conferencing software such as Zoom or Webex to create a virtual classroom environment. Private, in-house training is available as well as a range of publicly scheduled courses.
What dates are available for instructor-led online MS Project training in Somerset?