Established in 2005, Blue Pecan delivers Microsoft Project training live online (virtual classroom) or at customers’ business premises. Our one day Microsoft Project training course will enable delegates to effectively schedule tasks, assign resources and track the progress of project.
On-site Courses – Microsoft Project courses can be delivered onsite at your business premises.
Live Online Courses – Microsoft Project courses can be delivered online with a live tutor via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Webex virtual classroom software. Please see our Microsoft Office remote training information page which will explain all you need to know about our virtual Microsoft Project classroom.
We provide in-house Microsoft Project training
to businesses in Kent
including Ashford, Canterbury
, Dartford, Dover, Folkestone, Gillingham, Gravesend, Maidstone, Margate, Ramsgate, Rochester, Sevenoaks, Sittingbourne, Tonbridge & Tunbridge Wells
Our Microsoft Project training course is compatible with Project 2016, 2013, 2010, & 2007.
On-Site and Online Training Prices
These prices are for in-house private training courses, scheduled for businesses or individuals. Training can be provided onsite at your workplace or online via Zoom or MS Teams.
Half-day session: 09:30 to 12:30 or 13:00 to 16:00 or to suit. Full-day session: 09:30 to 16:00 or to suit
|No. of delegates||On-site full day||Online half-day*||Online full day
|1 - 3||£495||£310||£465
*Two half-days are priced as one full day.
All prices are excluding VAT.
On-site training travel expenses included for Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Kent, Oxfordshire, London and most Essex, Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset and Hertfordshire locations. Please enquire.
Project Course Outline
Our one day Microsoft Project training course gives you a great overview of this popular project management software. The course aims to give delegates the knowledge needed to set and and link tasks; assign resources to tasks; set baselines and track progress and then create useful reports and outputs based on the values that have been gathered. Download our Microsoft Project outline in pdf format here.
Customising the Project Interface
- Customising the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customising the Ribbon
- Exporting/importing your customisations
Configuring Your Project
- Setting the project start date
- Setting up working times for the project
- Adding bank holidays and other shut-down periods
- Saving customisations to the global template
- Auto scheduling vs Manual scheduling tasks
- Task durations
- Setting the default unit for durations
- Deleting tasks
- Inserting tasks
- Moving tasks
- Creating milestone tasks
- Creating links using the predecessors column
- Creating links using the Task Information dialogue box
- Creating links using the “link tasks” button
- Dragging and dropping links in the Gantt chart
- Relationship types
- Finish to start relationships
- Start to start relationships
- Finish to finish relationships
- Start to finish relationships
- Applying lag and lead to task relationships
- Task Path Highlighter
- Constraint types
- Understanding the Planning Wizard in relation to constraints
- Indenting tasks to create subtasks
- Collapsing and Expanding Summary Tasks
- Outline numbering
- Work Breakdown Structure
- The Project Summary Task
The Critical Path
- Formatting your Gantt chart to show the critical path
- Understanding the critical path
- Using the “Go to” dialogue box
- Scroll to task
- Zoom options
- Formatting the Gantt chart timescale
- Resource types
- Work resources
- Material resources
- Cost resources
- Understanding the resource sheet columns – material, max units, rate, accrue at, base calendar
- Editing resource calendars – adding holidays, customising work times
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the “Work” value
- Levelling resources
- Budget resources
Setting a baseline
- How to set a baseline
- Viewing the baseline in the Tracking Gantt
- Viewing baseline values in tables
Tracking Progress on Your Project
- Marking a task as on track
- Moving incomplete parts of a task to a new date
- Updating task start and finish dates as well as percentage complete
- Setting a Status Date
- Tracking progress in the Resource Usage view
More on Project
- Hyperlinking to supporting documents
- Using text styles format your task list
- Formatting the Gantt chart with bar styles
- Formatting Gantt chart gridlines
- Sorting the task list
- Filtering data in different Project view
- Grouping data
- Creating reports
- Printing the Gantt chart
- Sharing resources across multiple projects
- Combing multiple projects into one Gantt chart
Where in Kent does Blue Pecan Computer Training Ltd deliver these courses?
Private training courses can be delivered at your business premises or remotely online. Blue Pecan Computer Training Ltd also runs online scheduled courses open to the public.
Does Blue Pecan Computer Training Ltd offer online MS Project courses?
Yes, Blue Pecan Computer Training Ltd can deliver this training onsite in Kent or remotely via video conferencing software. We also offer scheduled MS Project courses which are open to the public to enrol on.
What dates are available for MS Project training with Blue Pecan Computer Training Ltd?
Microsoft Project training in Kent including Maidstone, Gillingham, Dartford, Chatham, Ashford, Rochester, Margate, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Gravesend, Canterbury, Folkestone, Sittingbourne, Dover, Ramsgate, Tonbridge, Herne Bay, Whitstable, Deal, Sevenoaks, Northfleet, Ditton, Aylesford, East Malling, Broadstairs, Swanscombe, Faversham, Minster, Swanley, Hartley, Hythe, Sheerness, Southborough, Snodland, New Romney, Edenbridge, Hawkinge, Paddock Wood, King’s Hill, Otford, Tenterden, Kingsnorth, Pembury, Hoo St Werburgh, West Kingsdown & Sturry.