Excel VBA Training Options
Established in 2005, Blue Pecan provides tailored / bespoke in-house Excel VBA training courses.
On-site Courses – Excel courses can be delivered on-site at your business premises.
Live Online Courses – Excel courses can be delivered online with a live tutor via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Webex virtual classroom software. Please see our Excel remote training information page which will explain all you need to know about our virtual Excel classroom.
We deliver in-house Excel VBA training at your business premises in Kingston upon Thames.
Our courses are compatible with any version of Excel including Excel 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007.
On-Site and Online Training Prices
These prices are for in-house private training courses, scheduled for businesses or individuals. Training can be provided onsite at your workplace or online via Zoom or MS Teams.
Half-day session: 09:30 to 12:30 or 13:00 to 16:00 or to suit. Full-day session: 09:30 to 16:00 or to suit
|No. of delegates||On-site full day||Online half-day*||Online full day
|1 - 3||£495||£310||£465
*Two half-days are priced as one full day.
All prices are excluding VAT.
On-site training travel expenses included for Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Kent, Oxfordshire, London and most Essex, Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset and Hertfordshire locations. Please enquire.
Our 2 day Microsoft Excel Macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) course is aimed at those who need gain a good grounding in this programming language.
Download the course outline in pdf format.
- Recording a Macro
- Recording a Macro Using Relative References
- Useful Navigation and Selection Shortcut Keys to Use When Recording Macros
- Recording Techniques For Macros That Need to Work Regardless of the Number of Columns or Rows
- Editing a Recorded Macro in the VBA Editor
Running and Storing Macros
- Saving Macro Enabled Excel files
- Where to Store Macros
- Macro Security
- Customising the Quick Access Toolbar and Ribbon with Macro Buttons
- Adding Form Buttons to a Sheet
Intro to VBA
- What is VBA?
- Understanding Parts of Speech: Objects, Collections, Methods, Parameters and Properties
- Application Methods and Properties
- Window/s Methods and Properties
- Workbook/s Methods and Properties
- Worksheet/s Methods and Properties
- Range Methods and Properties
- Chart/s Methods and Properties
Working With Ranges
- Referencing Cells/Ranges
- The End Property
- Rows and Columns
- Formatting Cells and Values
Working With Worksheets
- Activate Worksheet
- Create New Worksheet
- Delete a Worksheet
- Name a Worksheet
- Copy/Move Worksheet
- Group Worksheets
- Hide Worksheets
- Protect Worksheets
Working With Workbooks
- Open/Close Workbook
- Save Workbook
- Delete Workbook
- Protect Workbook
- Add Named Reference Within a Workbook
Working With Charts
- Create an Embedded Chart
- Delete a Chart
- Create a Chart On a Chart Sheet
- Apply Chart Style
- Colour a Chart
- Position and Size a Chart
- Add Titles and Other Chart Elements
Variables & Constants
- Naming Variables
- Declaring a Variable’s Data Type
- Option Explicit
- Scoping Variables
- Static Variables
- Life of a Variable
- Assigning Values to Variables and Object Variables
- If Then Else, ElseIf
- Select Case
- For Each Next – Looping Through Workbooks, Worksheets & Ranges
- For Next Loops
- Do Loops – Do Until, Do While, Exit Do
- Workbook Events
- Worksheet Events
- OnKey Events
- Designing Userforms
- Worksheet Functions
- VBA Functions
- User Defined Functions
Debugging and Error Handling
- Types of Errors
- Syntax Errors
- Compile Errors
- Run-time Errors
- Stepping Through Code
- Setting Breakpoints
- Using the Immediate Window
- Setting Watches and Using the Watch Window
- Using the Locals Window
- Error Trapping and Handling
- On Error Resume Next
- On Error Goto
- Specifying Error Handling for Different Run-time Error Numbers