Apologies - this course is not currently available.
Established in 2005, Blue Pecan delivers Excel Power Pivot training at customers' business premises or online. Our one day Excel Power Pivot training course gives delegates a good introduction to Power Pivot's advanced data modeling features in Microsoft Excel.
We provide Excel Power Pivot training in London including Croydon, Barnet, Ealing, Enfield, Brent, Newham, Bromley, Stratford, Vauxhall, Clapham, Battersea, Whitechapel, Wimbledon, Lambeth, Wandsworth, Southwark, Redbridge, Hillingdon, Lewisham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Greenwich, Hounslow, Haringey, Hackney, Harrow, Havering, Bexley, Camden, Westminster, Islington, Merton, Sutton, Barking and Dagenham, Richmond-upon-Thames, Hammersmith and Fulham, Kingston-upon-Thames, Kensington & Chelsea and City of London.
Introduction to Power Pivot - 1 Day Course
PowerPivot is designed to provide self-service business intelligence, allowing end users to perform complex data analysis without the intervention of business intelligence technicians. Delegates will gain a working knowledge of PowerPivot and an understanding of basic database theory.
Download the course outline in pdf format.
This is box title
- When should I use PowerPivot vs PivotTables
- Database theory
- Primary & Foreign keys
- Fact tables vs dimension tables
- Star scheme vs Snowflake schema
- Activate the PowerPivot add-in
- Open and close the PowerPivot add-in
- Navigate the PowerPivot add-in
- Format columns
- Sort columns
- Create relationships between tables
- Create a Pivot report
- Refresh data
Create Calculated Columns & DAX Formulas
- Create calculated columns referring to fields in the current table
- Create calculated columns referring to fields in related tables using the RELATE function
Create Measures Using DAX Functions
- Theory – calculated columns vs measures
- Use the CALCULATE function
- Use the FILTER function
- Use the ALL function
- Use the SUMX function
- Use the AVERAGEX function
Use Time Intelligence Functions
- Create a data table
- Use DAX time intelligence functions
More PowerPivot Functionality
- Create named sets
- Create hierarchies
- Create KPIs