Training Options During the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19: Whilst the COVID-19, Coronavirus emergency lasts, online, remote training provides a safe way for businesses to train their staff. Whether you are employed, self-employed or just looking to update your skills, we are here to help.
Furloughed employees may still take part in training - please see government guidance.
Business Enquiries - Closed, Private Courses
For closed, private courses suitable for businesses with one or members of staff who need training, please see our Microsoft Office remote training information page which will explain all you need to know about our virtual Microsoft Project classroom.
Individual Enquires - Public, Scheduled Courses
For open, publically scheduled courses, please see our scheduled remote Microsoft Project training courses.
Live Online Courses - MS Project courses can be delivered online with a live tutor via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Webex virtual classroom software.
Onsite Courses - Ms Project courses can be delivered onsite at your business premises.
Established in 2005, Blue Pecan delivers Microsoft Project training live online (virtual classroom) or at customers' business premises. Our one day Microsoft Project training course will enable delegates to effectively schedule tasks, assign resources and track the progress of project.
We deliver Microsoft Project training to businesses in East Sussex including Bexhill-on-Sea, Brighton and Hove, Crowborough, Eastbourne, Hailsham, Hastings, Lewes, Newhaven, Peacehaven, Portslade-by-Sea, Seaford & Uckfield.
Our Microsoft Project training course is compatible with Project 2016, 2013, 2010, & 2007.
COVID-19: Whilst the COVID-19, coronavirus emergency lasts, online, remote training provides a safe way for businesses to train their staff. Whether you are employed, self-employed or just looking to update your skills, we are here to help. Please see our pricing for remote training here.
Publicly scheduled courses
From £150 inc vat – price per person / delegate per day course
In-house training prices
Instructor Led Training via Zoom, Webex etc
Half-day session – £195 plus vat
Full-day session – £350 plus vat
Half-day session – £295 plus vat
Full-day session – £550 plus vat
Shorter one-to-one sessions
Charged at £75 plus vat per hour
Onsite Pricing (Per Group) – Day Rates
Full-day session – £595 plus vat.
We recommend group sizes no larger than 5 for online training and 10 for onsite training, but are happy to accommodate your requirement.
Project Course Outline
Our one day Microsoft Project training course gives you a great overview of this popular project management software. The course aims to give delegates the knowledge needed to set and and link tasks; assign resources to tasks; set baselines and track progress and then create useful reports and outputs based on the values that have been gathered.
Customising the Project Interface
- Customising the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customising the Ribbon
- Exporting/importing your customisations
Configuring Your Project
- Setting the project start date
- Setting up working times for the project
- Adding bank holidays and other shut-down periods
- Saving customisations to the global template
- Auto scheduling vs Manual scheduling tasks
- Task durations
- Setting the default unit for durations
- Deleting tasks
- Inserting tasks
- Moving tasks
- Creating milestone tasks
- Creating links using the predecessors column
- Creating links using the Task Information dialogue box
- Creating links using the “link tasks” button
- Dragging and dropping links in the Gantt chart
- Relationship types
- Finish to start relationships
- Start to start relationships
- Finish to finish relationships
- Start to finish relationships
- Applying lag and lead to task relationships
- Task Path Highlighter
- Constraint types
- Understanding the Planning Wizard in relation to constraints
- Indenting tasks to create subtasks
- Collapsing and Expanding Summary Tasks
- Outline numbering
- Work Breakdown Structure
- The Project Summary Task
The Critical Path
- Formatting your Gantt chart to show the critical path
- Understanding the critical path
- Using the “Go to” dialogue box
- Scroll to task
- Zoom options
- Formatting the Gantt chart timescale
- Resource types
- Work resources
- Material resources
- Cost resources
- Understanding the resource sheet columns – material, max units, rate, accrue at, base calendar
- Editing resource calendars – adding holidays, customising work times
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the “Work” value
- Levelling resources
- Budget resources
Setting a baseline
- How to set a baseline
- Viewing the baseline in the Tracking Gantt
- Viewing baseline values in tables
Tracking Progress on Your Project
- Marking a task as on track
- Moving incomplete parts of a task to a new date
- Updating task start and finish dates as well as percentage complete
- Setting a Status Date
- Tracking progress in the Resource Usage view
More on Project
- Hyperlinking to supporting documents
- Using text styles format your task list
- Formatting the Gantt chart with bar styles
- Formatting Gantt chart gridlines
- Sorting the task list
- Filtering data in different Project view
- Grouping data
- Creating reports
- Printing the Gantt chart
- Sharing resources across multiple projects
- Combing multiple projects into one Gantt chart
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0="h4" question-0="Where in East Sussex does Blue Pecan Computer Training Ltd deliver these courses?"… Read More